I’ve had a few words that keep popping out at me lately – and one of them is barriers. Not external barriers, but rather how I am limiting myself in my head, putting up my own road blocks.
Some of them are obvious…. “I’m a portrait photographer and that’s where my focus has been for the last 8-10 years, I can’t change direction!”
Others are more subtle. “I need to get [insert something not important} done first.”
Or maybe it’s just guilt – feeling like I should be doing something different instead, that what I’m doing isn’t important. Isn’t helpful.
What it really boils down to, though, is being outside my comfort zone. Do. Not. Like. Or rather, I just don’t feel comfortable there! Odd, eh? LOL!
So this next assignment is going to be looking at where I am only staying in my comfort zone… Here are a few things that are outside my comfort zone:
- Playing around in Photoshop (I’m a Lightroom gal, but do love Photoshopping interesting things!)
- Unplanned photography time – wandering around taking photos for the love of it!
- Getting Pixifi more dialed in. (*love* Pixifi, FYI. Client and photography business management online software.)
- Sketching out ideas and trying something new and different
- Getting in touch with galleries to show my work
What am I going to do to push myself? I’m not sure, but I’m definitely going to try something that makes me uncomfortable! (In a good way…)
Are you going to join along? What is outside YOUR comfort zone?